Saturday 18 April 2015

"Decorations Still Up" In March? You Bet!

Our decorations, Dec 2014.

How would you feel if you came across a picture of your house that somebody else had posted on the internet?  What if it was posted in a negative context?

Yesterday as I was checking out some pictures of homes in Port Perry, I came across a shot of our house that was posted here.  It was posted a few weeks ago, and talks about how some of our Christmas decorations were still up in March.

I was horrified as I read through the post and comments.  A few of the commenters called us "lazy, lazy, lazy" and said that they "would hate to live across the street from us".

We have done nothing but work since we moved into this house seven months ago.  In fact, in the past seven months we have thrown a great wedding, had the house rewired, cleared out a jungle of gardens, renovated our bathroom, walk in closet, living room and dining room, and started the process of adopting our first child.
I don't think that's being lazy.

Fortunately, once the ground thawed, those decorations came down.  It's finally spring and we've already been outside gardening.

Unfortunately, I'm a sensitive person who takes everything to heart.  This will haunt me for a long time to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment