Sunday 7 September 2014

Squeaky Clean Bathtub

As you might have noticed, I'm a huge fan of Pinterest.  I love checking out new ideas for cooking, decorating, renovating and teaching.  One thing I'm not a huge fan of however, is cleaning.  I do it, but I don't enjoy it.  When I stumbled across this pin from Made From Pinterest I figured it was worth a try.

Made From Pinterest


Sometimes the ideas on Pinterest really work, and other times they're a total bust.  I wasn't sure about this one, so I wanted to do it as inexpensively as possible.  We bought the dish wand at the dollar store, the Wal Mart brand rinse agent, and we used the dish soap that we already had.  

   


Here's a before shot of our tub.  We have a hard water issue in our town, so soap scum builds up really fast.  You can kind of see it in this picture.  The original pin said to use a tsp. of soap and a drop of rinse agent, then fill the rest with water.  I filled half about 1/4 with soap, 1/4 with rinse agent and the last half with water.

     

Here are the during and after shots.  I like that it foams up, and the rinse aid really gives it a streak free finish.
   
No more soap scum!

The thing that I like the most about this method is that we leave the wand on the corner of the tub, and we clean the tub and doors while we're in the shower. Nice and easy, just how I like it!

Note: Next time, I would splurge on a better wand.  The one from the dollar store leaked, and I had to put a rubber washer in the cap to keep the liquid in.

No comments:

Post a Comment